Technical Assistant - Fixed Term Contract
- Department / Function
- Contract Type
- Working Pattern
- Job Advert Summary
An opportunity to join our exceptional Technical Team on a fixed term basis for 6 months.
The Technical Assistant will support the Bulk Technologist on all aspects relating to UK Packed product set up and approval of NPD and New Vintage SKU’s. Working closely with our wine suppliers and bottling partners to ensure production schedules are met whilst maintaining product quality and consistency.
The role will also be heavily involved in the NPD process, assisting the NPD Manager with setting up new SKUs and developing new projects and businesses for Bibendum owned products. All elements of the Supply Chain are to be assessed from production, bottling, transportation, and storage.
By ensuring excellent due diligence procedures, the individual will inspire confidence in both customers, suppliers, and service providers, as we strive for continual technical improvement, and to be a trusted and preferred partner of choice.
To support quality reviews, customer specific policy updates and agent audit updates for allocated key off trade customers.
This role may also be involved in SEDEX data base. Involvement in the ethical reporting agenda, through data collation and communication. Also, some administrative role within the Technical Team, as/if required to ease the workload.
- Job Advert Description
- Sample management including pre-shipment for analysis and post-production requests
- Populate Bulk wine specifications and obtain supplier sign off
- Complete bottler manufacturing templates and share with relevant UK packing sites as required
- Ensure product Allergen information is updated on internal database
- Co-ordinate quality tasting sessions of bulk wines and log results, flagging any issues to Bulk Technologist
- Maintenance of the technical Supplier database to ensure certificates and audits are up to date
- Assist other technologist in any administrative work when/if needed
- To assist with NPD processes – liaise and provide new label brief forms to design team and relevant UK bottling sites, ensuring new SKUs set up data is accurate
- Approval of dry goods for bulk/NPD lines
- Working with internal customers to set the parameters of and manage the process of planning and execution of NPD, delivering successful and profitable NPD launches
- Working with internal customers to ascertain the NPD needs of the business
Additional day to day:
- To assist with general QA issues, including consumer complaints and product issues linked to bulk wine.
- Assisting with SEDEX compliance, if needed
- Assist with incident management and resolution on matters relating to bulk wine
- Liaising with external suppliers (such as printers/designers/packaging suppliers) and internal customers (such as technical/bulk team, buying) to establish feasible solutions to packaging requirement and deadlines, if required
- Assisting other Technical Team members where needed
This is a place for people who enjoy the buzz of constant change. We offer a range of excellent benefits as well as great on-site facilities. You can expect:
25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
Bonuses – personal and company performance
Private Health insurance
Life assurance, plus access to staff sales, a cycle to work scheme, and a whole lot more!
Matthew Clark Bibendum is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Full job description