Senior BI Developer
- Department / Function
- Data & Insight
- Regents Park Road
- Contract Type
- Working Pattern
- Job Advert Summary
You are a bright, enthusiastic, highly numerate analyst who is looking to join a team of like-minded Analytics, Insight, and Research professionals. You are driven by a passion for presenting complex data in clear and intuitive ways, and in doing so enhancing data-led arguments and aiding decision making. You look forward to developing your skills in a commercial environment.
PROOF Insight is the home of data, insights, and analytics for C&C Group. PROOF services a diverse range of customers, from the combined largest wholesale drinks distribution company in GB (Matthew Clark and Bibendum), to brand owners (C&C is home to some of the best known domestic brands in drinks, from Tennent’s and Bulmers to Menabrea, Heverlee, and Orchard Pig), through to the many customers and suppliers of the Group. As well as selling our owned-IP, C&C is home to thousands of products from around the world. We have over 200 years of experience working with the very best drinks producers and placing their products in retailers and at major events throughout the UK & Ireland. We are uniquely positioned to connect drink suppliers and customers, and we aim to be thought leaders in our field by providing innovation, insight, and knowledge.
C&C Group prides itself on not only being at the forefront of drinks industry research, but also constantly innovating and finding better ways to reach and understand both our customers and consumers. A key part of this is using our proprietary data to build models that help best identify how to deploy resources, ensuring that we always put the right product in the right place at the right price.
The PROOF Insight team works across the Group to provide a single coherent perspective on the UK & Ireland’s drinkers and their behaviour. Understanding our data and how it informs our market is the cornerstone upon which future success will be built. Our insight is used to support planning for the future for our brands, our customers, our suppliers, and our colleagues, but most importantly it is used to shape how our business develops and innovates.
Our Senior BI Developer develops and maintains the business intelligence environments and databases that the team uses on a daily basis. Developing assurance checks and maintenance tasks to ensure the health of the servers and databases is key. The Senior BI Developer designs, develops, and maintains BI solutions, and broadly this includes data acquisition and ETL solutions, data warehousing, data modelling, and report writing
- Job Advert Description
Activities will include:
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. Datactics, PowerBI)
- Create tools to store and enable access to data (e.g. OLAP cubes)
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with cross C&C Group project teams to integrate data systems
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Work with external stakeholders to enable acquisition/delivery of data in secure and automated ways
- Ensure change control processes are in place and adhered to
- Develop and execute queries upon request for data
- Present information through reports and visualizations
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting; develop, manage and test back‐up and recovery plans
- Data will be captured, modelled and validated across the businesses to ensure the very best information & intelligence is delivered to key stakeholders
- Working with the team, the Senior BI Developer will ensure that end users have access to appropriate secure, automated data feeds enabling the production of richly visualised dashboards
- In addition, the Senior BI Developer will collaborate with data-centric teams across the group to ensure all data, rules and logic are up‐to‐date, and best practice is followed and documented to ensure consistent accurate reporting
- Full job description